Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bubble Rubble Experimenting

Sweet Vanilla Mango before curing when it turns BEIGE! The purple is the lavender.

Sparkling Champagne Bubble Rubble before curing.

Coconut Vanilla Clouds Bubble Rubble before curing.

I tried a completely different recipe to see if I could replace one item for another in the Bubble Rubble formulation and they came out pretty, but they are droopy and still "wet". That batch will go in the trash tomorrow. As you can see, I used my cake decorating skills on this (haha!), but the pretty puffs won't cooperate.

The place smells like a foggy perfumery with champagne, vanilla mango, lavender and coconut in the air. With all my experimenting, I must get pounds and pounds of cream of tartar (which is also great for making homemade play dough, fyi).

More on Bubbles and Bombs soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty... bet it smells wonderful

Carrie Garvin said...

Well...did it end up in the trash??? They look so pretty the little swirls~ any luck they got harder through the night?

Joanna Schmidt said...

Trisha, they do smell really good.

Carrie~Gigi, There are not in the trash yet. But they have turned a coconut brown. I thought I'd give them another day. My regular Bubble Rubble takes one day to cure, so I don't have much hope, but.... I will wait.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Carrie-Gigi - they really look wonderful, definitely good enough to use. Did they not work reasonably well? I wish I lived close enough to be the guinea pig for these projects of yours. ;)

Anne-Marie said...

That's such a bummer. But tis the way it goes with testing and formulations. Kudos to you for putting in the hard work.

They look really cute in your photos.

Joanna Schmidt said...

shadesofgrey, I wish you were here too, to help me with feedback :( My body and husband do all the testing. My shower is over flowing!!