Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yuzu...The Ugly One

When you go to Wikipedia and type in "yuzu", you get this picture. Not so pretty. In fact, a bit homely and rotten looking. We carry our products in yuzu scent and customers ask me all the time what it is. This is hard to explain, because it's a tangy version of a lemon/grapefruit/tangerine mixture. I guess you will have to smell it for yourself. Other than lemon (which smells like a freshly cut lemon---NOT kitchen cleaner!), yuzu is my favorite scent. Keep in mind that I prefer citrus over floral notes and I love the tropics more than Antarctica.

Don't always judge a book by its cover. You may pass some lovely Ugly Ducklings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR YUZU!!

Anonymous said...

Joanna, I've heard so much about your great products from my fellow beauty bloggers- I've just ordered some of their favorites and I can't wait to try them for myself :)

Anne-Marie said...

I always tell people it's a "Japanese Grapefruit." I have no idea, in hindsight, if this is correct but it seems to explain the tangy note in Yuzu adequately.

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Yuzu, having heard it the first time on your blog. I smelled it and it is a mind blower. Thanks for being so creative and offering us new scents.