Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day Gift

To me, this was the perfect gift.  I love gardening, but don't do it like I used to.  I feel I have even run out of time to go shopping for plants let alone watering them.  Oh, I used to be so good.....


So some of my plants are:  cucumbers, tomatoes (3 different types), purple string beans, yellow watermelon,  jalepenos (3!), basil, lemon thyme, Japanese eggplant (2), cilantro, and peppermint. Look what a beautiful job the kids did decorating the border.


This is a frangipani flower blooming and it smells heavenly.  This baby tree is in the backyard, while I have a much larger tree in the front that blooms hot pink.  Oh they love the heat... frangipanis drop all there leaves in the Winter and look like branch sculptures and in the summer months, they bloom and smell up the joint with gorgeousness.

Wish I knew of a way to incorporate them in my body products.  I have never found a plumeria/frangipani scent that smelled anywhere near the real thing!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great mother's day gift! My mom and kids have been cleaning out my garden this week too. Its going to be a while before I can sink my hands in the dirt.

Herbs are my favorite...you could try to put some in your soap!

Anonymous said...

I have never smelled a real frangipani, I am jealous that you have it so close, but I ordered some of that from Wellington Fragrance online. It smells good, but no idea if is the real thing or not. I just thought it sounded exotic!

Anne-Marie said...

I LOVE this photo; I've smelled some terrible fragrance oils that tried to be a great frangipani that failed miserably. I wish I had the real thing in my backyard to smell too ... (swoon)

Heather@Twin Birch said...

That garden is the sweetest thing I've seen in awhile! Happy belated Mother's Day to you!:)

I've never smelled frangipani in my life. Now I HAVE to.

Carrie Garvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Garvin said...

I LOVE this!!! Now those garden markers are the cutest things I have ever seen growing around a garden. I'd say those who did this are super talented...do I see a possible BIG BIZ brewing????

This garden is surely to grow by leaps and bounds with the love surrounding it.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so creative! I'd never be able to get mine to do a border like that.

I've also never smelled a frangipani before, and prior to today had never even heard of them. Odd that I see this in your blog after ds#2 just read a story this morning that mentions them.