First, the ingredient list:
- 4 loin pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup slivered crystallized ginger (I got this in the bulk section of my supermarket where they sell nuts and dried banana slices by the pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out because I don't like walnuts)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (I used regular raisins due to convenience)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sprinkle pork chops with ground ginger.
- Melt butter in large skillet and brown chops over medium heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to oven safe baking dish.
- Add ginger ale, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger to the skillet and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour this over the chops, transfer to the oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Then, sprinkle with walnuts (not applicable for me) and raisins and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to a serving platter and keep warm. Add the cream to the baking pan and place over high heat. Cook, scraping up the brown bits until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chops and serve immediately.
sauce before reducing to a thick sweet sauce
It's funny. Before I was a mother, I made gourmet meals almost everyday. But now, I am cooking challenged. What is that?