Then, sort of off the topic of Bendel but on the topic of candles...Thought I'd share some interesting information about paraffin candles that everyone should know:
Soy vs Paraffin
- Soy wax is made from soybeans and vegetables, both renewable resources.
- Soy wax burns much cleaner and purer as it is all natural, non-toxic, and non-hazardous.
- This wax is biodegradable leading to reduced landfills.
- Soy wax residue can be washed away with warm water and soap.
- Purchasing soy products supports the soy farmers of America, which stimulates our economy and lessens dependence on international resources.
- Derived from petroleum, a limited resource
- The burning of paraffin wax contributes to indoor air contamination by emitting petro-chemicals causing soot deposits and carcinogenic particulate matter.
- This wax contains petroleum by-products and additives that inhibit biodegradability.
- Paraffin wax residue is quite troublesome, often impossible, to remove.
- Purchasing paraffin products not only supports our dependence on this crude oil but also supports an industry riddled with environmental faux pas.