Friday, January 9, 2009

Shop. Take Two.

I have totally swiped the idea of the wooden positionable girl with a towel from Kim at Stella Marie. Just for that, I will name her STELLA, and even say it in a hoarse voice, S-T-E-L-L-A-A-A-A.


It was so brilliant that I tried a towel head instead of a mohawk and every few days, I change her towel...make it a toga, or throw it over her shoulder... Kim, you are so original, I hope you are flattered by me copying you and not angry. Now I want a real full sized mannequin and prop her up outside and make her do different poses every day. I am on the lookout for one locally.


Here is a picture of my display case with curing soap loaves: top left, Mango Madness; top right, Dark Chocolate Frosting; bottom left, Hyacinth; bottom right, Coconut Almond with coconut milk.
These are the flowers that Teresa sent me (love her) that are now hanging upside down drying.


Sisal scrub pads. One of the bath extras we carry.


The next three photos are of Amber's clutches (of Amber's Ambry). These are not even all of the ones she made for the shop. Wow oh wow, she is phenomenal. I gave her some vague direction with my idea of some colors and such and she pulled it all together better than I could have dreamed. It's like she knew what I was thinking, because I certainly wasn't able to verbalize what I wanted very well.

I bet we could share a closet. ;)





So there you have it... some more pictures. More will come as they come. I'm not so great with having the right lens at the right time. These were taken with the macro lens so the photo of the display case I was way outside (no zoom) so I couldn't even takes wider pictures for you.

10 comments:

Amber said...

*blushing* Thanks :)

Love the mohawked wooden gal. Heading over to check out Kim's place now.

Definitely love the nice, neat soap display. It is the perfect combo of orderly and inviting!

I soooo wish I could see your shop in person, especially now that it is like 20 and snowing here. :(

Anonymous said...

your place looks so much better in person, it's hard to believe. DDL

Suds to Love said...

Everything looks spectacular Joanna! Those little bags that Amber made are just awesome, I love the colors and the style.

Carrie Garvin said...

That wooden girl is awesome! And Amber did a beautiful job on the bags...she's so talented!

And dear Teresa~ isn't she the sweetest- beautiful roses....

Your shop looks wonderful---oh I wish I was in the neighborhood.

Mary Humphrey said...

I sooo look forward to updates on your shop, and your photos. You are doing great! And your creativity is back in full swing, with the wooden gal (great idea), so you are obviously now settling in well! :)

Joanna Schmidt said...

Again, the wooden gal.... not my idea, but it was so brilliant, I needed her to be a part of the shop :)

Anne-Marie said...

It looks great - and I love the soap wrapping station - Wooden gal included (even if it wasn't your idea). =)

Congrats on such an amazing space.

Unknown said...

Good art
BPO work from home

Kim said...

Hee, hee! Not upset at all! Very flattered! I love the hair towel, too. The possibilities are endless!

Anonymous said...

I goodness honestly don't know how I missed this post for nearly a week. Phew.

Stella was pretty brilliant to think of the mannequin in towel idea! And you gave credit where credit is due (speaking of which, did that woman on Etsy ever take your photo down?).

Cuuute clutches from Amber! Oh gawd, I want to sew and have no time....

I hope the dried roses will keep forever! 8>