Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've Always Loved Candles

Before I really immersed myself into bath and body formulating, I tried hand pouring soy candles and absolutely loved it! What is better than making something that you love to use? I always like having candles lit in my house in the evening. It is soothing and and almost always empties the mind clutter of most agitating things.....almost like watching and listening to palm trees swaying in the breeze.

Making candles is very easy but creating scents can be challenging for me. I have always been pretty picky about smells. I can't stand it when someone walks past me or joins me in an elevator after what seems like a half a bottle of really cheap and strong perfume has been emptied on that persons neck. Yick.

So, this is where my brain goes to work....thinking about the emotions I experience when I smell certain scents. I love the smell of the ocean, fresh warm laundry, babies skin and fresh herbs. Everyone is so different. Some people hate citrus... me? I love it. It makes me happy.

Maybe I'll try candles again. I am contemplating. I find I have almost no time to do much of anything while I still have energy at the end of the day. I believe we all make time for what is important, and it kills us when we haven't spoken to an old friend, abandoned an old hobby, or spent any time holding hands recently.

Food for thought.

No comments: