Monday, June 22, 2009

Toffee Soap


A couple of months ago I made soap with my daughter present in the shop. She didn't actually help me make the soap, but she designed the soap, scented it and topped it with sugar and chocolate soap shavings after the pour. She did a great job, I must say. We didn't name it until the soap was fully cured, because the scent fully morphed and now it smells mostly like toffee. It looks like fudge or pie....definitely edible. We made two loaves and Nina gets a lot of compliments on the bars. People come in all the time, take one look at the curing case and wonder if they've stepped into a fudge shop.

Hehe.


If you are interested in getting a Toffee soap, you can find them at our Etsy shop here. The main Etsy shop link is here if you want to check out our other Etsy offerings.


***

6 comments:

Cathy Winsby said...

Ohhhh....nummmmmmyyyyy!!! Very edible looking and great job on the design.

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

woah! that looks real good. I think I'd actually take a bite!

Sherrie said...

It looks fantastic! I especially love the topping. :)

Kim said...

STUNNING!

Handmade Soap said...

Wow, love this soap - are you sure it's not eddible!!

Lori Stoia said...

Looks good enough to eat (even though I know it is soap)!